Saturday 31 December 2016

Celebrating New Year at Creativity Adda :-)



I had a very interesting and wonderful experience being part of one day Noida NCR Learning City UnConference in the month of November this year. There I met kids from Creativity Adda, they danced, sang, conducted workshops (a 10 year old child conducted a workshop!) and they made delicious sandwiches, baked mouthwatering cakes and they left me amazed J So when I got to know that Creativity Adda is hosting “Dariya-Dil CafĂ©” for New year’s celebrations, within seconds I decided that I can’t miss this!

As we reached Adda, we were warmly welcomed by Ashish Bhaiya, quickly we occupied seats so as to be with the flow of what was happening there. Someone was sharing his experience of being in corporate world, his journey of doing stand-up comedy and how this space had helped him gain confidence to follow his ‘calling’. Then Manish Jain invited us to find a friend (whom we don’t know) and share one good thing about the year 2016. Oops I wasn’t prepared for it, however I found a school student as my new friend who was equally taken aback by the proposed question. We spoke hesitantly initially but slowly the barriers melted away and I could share, he could share. 


Then we played 20-20! We were invited to hug each other for 20 seconds and this was recommended medicine to solve any sort of problem. It was beautiful experience and yes remedial in every sense, the warm smiles, love and care along with the hugs left me speechless. During this I met number of people some old and many new J We were invited to speak in a way that nobody can understand (it could be understood as babbling). It was a laugh riot, indeed maddening and through this I felt live and more present to the space with no wandering thoughts, slipping slowly in the meditation.


Interestingly the bonfire was up and students of Creativity Adda started jamming at the same time. I sat in silence, feeling peaceful and attracted to the songs at the same time – I guess this space is like this only, it allows you, it invites you and it rejoices what you choose for yourself! So while we were sitting in circle and sharing on what 2017 brings up for us, there were group of people playing carom board, some engaging in their respecting discussion and rest diving into music. 


The evening progressed with everyone circling around bonfire, singing to melodious soulful songs, eating groundnuts and dancing as an when they felt like.

I loved “Dhina-Dhin da, Dhina-Dhin da” particularly, I danced away to glory and icing on the cake was actually a cake baked there at Creativity Adda. This space entice me, give me a ray of hope that I can be what I am and there are people still who would not judge or assume things about me without knowing me. There couldn’t be a better way to bid adieu to 2016 and welcoming the year 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment